- 109 6th St S Walker, MN 56484
Admitted to Bar — 1998, Minnesota
Law School — University of Minnesota, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1998
College — Carleton College, B.A., 1991
- Corporation and LLC formation; partnerships; assumed names; annual filings
- Purchase and sale of businesses
- Buy-sell agreements; ownership restrictions
- Contracts, business licensing, and operational issues
- Employment law
- Family businesses; Business succession planning
- All types of day-to-day business agreement, such as confidentiality, services, independent
- contractor, employee, supplier, IT agreement
- Licensing issues
Estate Planning & Probate
- Powers of Attorney
- Health care directives
- Trusts – minor children, family, disclaimer
- Charitable giving
- Estate preservation and tax liability avoidance
- Business succession
Laura Hansen practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, real estate, business and corporate law. In business law, she has special interest in business formation, governance, multiple-owner issues, and business succession. Laura also especially enjoys working with clients on their estate plans and helping them tailor a plan to fit their needs and goals. In addition to businesses and individuals, Laura works with owner associations, charitable organizations, family-owned entities, and assisted living facilities.
Laura is currently serving on the Board of the Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce and the Board of the Cass County Economic Development Corporation. She also enjoys supporting several teams and activities at WHA as a parent volunteer. Laura's past community involvement has included a term as President of the Longville Area Community Foundation and member of the Longville Lakes Clinic Board. Laura is a graduate of the Blandin Community Leadership Program and the Manager’s Forum at the Anderson Center. She is also a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and several area chambers. She attended Carleton College and the University of Minnesota Law School.
Laura enjoys living in the Walker – Leech Lake area with her husband, two active teenagers, and their beloved beagle. She’s an avid skier in all forms – waterskiing, downhill, and cross-country and loves spending time on the lake.